Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bite-Sized Grad Caps

These have got to be one of the cutest graduation related desserts there are around. That's why I just had to make (and feature) them again. I did feature these last year (see {Brownie Graduation Caps}), and this year I basically did the exact same thing. However, on two of the plates I did use many different color candies for the tops instead of just matching colors, and even if they do not match school colors I think they are quite attractive-looking. I also placed some of the caps in celebratory graduation paper muffin liners so they are easier for guests to pick up and eat. I had some decorative graduation toothpicks on hand to stick in the center of the plates with a little bit of extra candy clay as well. Since there isn't really any baking required to make these, there is little prep work and the assembly is quick once the tedious work of forming tassels is complete. Of course it always helps to have an assembly line set up - thanks to my parents for helping out! These are the perfect individual-sized, chocolaty but not messy desserts for parties.

Congratulations to all graduates of 2014! 

No comments: