Friday, June 13, 2014

Newspaper Cake

This is a newspaper cake I made to celebrate the success of the local highschool newspaper. This may not sound like a huge deal, but this year's newspaper committee managed to publish ten issues within the ten months of school - one issue per month. This may seem low when compared to daily newspapers, but for a paper based around school news and student's writings and artwork, this is quite impressive. Considering past years have had two or three submissions over the entire year, I think this year deserved a cake. So I whipped up a quick marble cake with a butter frosting and a chocolate fudge frosting. I made a star border around the top, which I thought was most appropriate for a newspaper cake, and a rope border around the bottom. At the top is the newspaper name in bold and the logo, and below are three article titles with some little pictures. Congratulations to an awesome newspaper committee!

No comments: