Friday, April 18, 2014

Peach Almond Smoothie

The fun begins! Time for foods that consist largely of purées and do not involve any chewing. Liquids are the best for this, as you can simply drink them, but thicker smoothies you can eat with a spoon work well too. I like smoothies, but I don't tend to drink them a lot, because usually when I drink them, I drink them out of necessity as in not being able to eat anything else, so that makes smoothies somewhat unappealing to me during good times.

Peach Almond Smoothie
frozen peach slices
plain Greek yogurt
wheat germ (optional)
almond butter 
almond milk
Blend all ingredients together in a blender to desired smoothness. Add some cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, or whatever else as desired. Amounts depend on how many servings you would like to make, and how thin or how peachy you would like your drink to be.
I used approximately 1/2 cup peaches, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 Tablespoon wheat germ, 1 Tablespoon almond butter, and 1/2 cup almond milk.

No comments: