Saturday, January 04, 2014

Year Of The Cupcake

After the posts from the past two days, I got to thinking. Not only was it a really cupcake Christmas for me, but it was also a cupcake-full year. I am particularly thinking back to my birthday in June, where I also received a number of cupcake-related gifts. Pictured here are two cupcake magazines, a cupcake carousel, a cupcake lip balm, and a cupcake decorating book. 
With all of these cupcakes on my mind, I decided to look around a bit more, and I found several more cupcake things in my room, most of which I acquired this year. A cupcake sign with my motto, "Live Life...One Cupcake at a time", a cupcake recipe box, a cupcake recipe tin, a cupcake card, cupcake wrapping paper, and even cupcake clothing. 
Why so many cupcakes? Here is my reasoning. Everyone who knows me at all knows I am a true foodie. Cupcakes are just one of those symbols that are often related with baking and cake decorating and the culinary field. It is just a pretty, universal symbol that really says it all. I have always really liked cupcakes, not so much their taste (although I much prefer the mile-high frosting than the actual cake part), but their look. They are miniature cakes, which automatically gives them that cuteness factor, and they can be decorated in so many different, gorgeous ways. Swirls, different colors, gourmet toppings, sprinkles, animals, holidays, pull-apart shapes, need I go on?

Secondly, I took on a cupcake as a symbol of self, something that represents me, awhile ago. I think cupcakes really describe me, and I use them as a symbol on a plaque in my room, and often when I sign off on things. Cupcakes are also featured in my cover photo, and framed in my room. 
I feel some also know me as "the cupcake girl", as I like to present people with a cupcake on their birthday. Just a little simple acknowledgement of their special day!

No comments: