Monday, January 13, 2014

Baguette Sandwiches

Here is one way I served my baguette from yesterday's post. It is delicious enough on its own fresh from the oven, but it doesn't hurt to jazz it up and make it into more of a meal, especially if it is the next day. Making a sandwich isn't exactly rocket science, and recipes aren't really necessary, but I thought I'd share the flavors I used, which seemed to have worked well. Round out the meal with an egg dish, a salad, or a soup, and save room for an extra special dessert!

Baguette Sandwiches
1 piece baguette, cut along the diagonal (as big as you want)
hummus (any variety) 
salad greens (any variety)
1 piece Monterey Jack cheese
Spread hummus on both sides of the baguette. Top artistically with a few leafs of salad. Top with a slice of cheese. Place other piece of baguette on top. Place under the broiler and broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted and baguette is toasted and crisp. Serve immediately. 

No comments: