Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spicy Shrimp Sauté

This was one of the dishes a guest brought to the party, and one of my favorites. I have had this dish before, at another event attended by this guest, and I was happy to see this dish again. I call it a spicy shrimp sauté. It seems to consist of large pieces of tender, juicy shrimp coated in a batter and fried, along with some vegetables, such as green peppers, carrots, and onions. The entire dish is very heavily spiced. I am not sure exactly what spices are used, but just be wary and begin with a small amount of this dish, as it can be quite hot if you don't expect it. I like it as a main course, as it contains a lot of protein in the shrimp, but it also works as a side dish or an appetizer. It stays crisp and warm for awhile. It can even be refrigerated overnight and still enjoyed the next day, though it won't be quite as crisp of course. i must get the recipe for this!

No comments: