Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sausage Bites with Sauce

Another appetizer featured today, and quite an intriguing one. I did not make this one either so I don't know all of the work that went into making it, but it does seem relatively simple. Sometimes the most simple things are the best and tastiest though. I believe this is a type of spicy sausage, cooked and cut up, then arranged in a nice platter. Toothpicks were stuck into each piece to make it easy to pick up, and also easy to dip into the sauce in the middle. There was more to this dish though. In the bottom, along with the sausage, was a thick mixture of onions in another type of sauce or glaze, to add more flavor and make the dish even more special. the problem with being a hostess and food supervisor, is you don't get as much of a chance to socialize, so I didn't get to ask for an official name or composition of this dish, but I did happen to note that it was enjoyed by many guests! 

No comments: