Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the great mothers out there! Hopefully mothers everywhere are being treated to breakfast in bread, brunch, a nice supper, a great cake, or whatever their favorite foods are! I wanted to treat my mother to a great cake again, and perhaps some other sweet or even a meal she liked, but she is taking a raincheck for it. We have just gotten through all of our desserts (including cake) from last weekend, and it seemed like a bit too much too soon. Also, this is an extremely busy weekend for me. Luckily my mother was very understanding, and didn't seem upset in the least. I will make her a great dish another time, when I have the time and patience to make something really nice. My father did prepare my mother a nice meal though. He also wanted to bake her something, and asked me for suggestions. Luckily I had a perfect dish in mind, and I knew exactly where to find the recipe, as i often spend way too much time searching for things to make. It was a simple cake, not a cake that needs icing, but a quick chocolate streusel cake all baked in one that we enjoyed hot from the oven! I will feature that dish soon!
Happy Mother's Day!

PHOTO CREDIT:"Happy Mother's Day" http://www.desibucket.com/pictures/occasion/happy-mothers-day/page/9/ desibucket.com n.d. Sunday, May 12, 2013.

No comments: