Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Graduation Feast

Today will conclude all of my posts from the gradation party. I know, finally! But it was a great party, with a lot of food, and I had to share the dishes. It actually worked out quite well, because I have been very busy the past few weeks and haven't been baking much anyway. We had of course leftovers to use up from the party, and I just did not have much time to bake new things either. But now I have baked a few new things, and I have featured all of my old things, and it is time to move on. But I did want to include this little closing post.
In the end, we ended up with plenty of food for everyone, and enough for some leftovers so we didn't have to cook for a few days, but not too much that any of it got wasted. I regret the fact that I did not manage to get a picture of the entire mealtime set-up. The kitchen looked quite nice, with a large warming, dish, two slow cookers, a rice cooker, several casserole dishes, and an assembly line going across it. I guess we were too anxious to eat. I am glad that I did manage to get a picture of each dish individually though. The one thing we did have too many of were dinner rolls. It is always nice to have dinner rolls, especially if some guests are limited on what they can eat, then at least they have something basic. But, when there are this many dishes and they are tasty, no one goes for plain old dinner rolls. We had white and whole wheat, and ended up with quite a few extra. Oh well, at least those are easy to freeze for another time! 
So in total we had chips, crackers, salsa, fruit, vegetables, chocolates, mini quiches, stuffed mushrooms, sausage bites, egg rolls, spicy shrimp, dinner rolls, bean salad, macaroni salad, rice, sweet and sour meatballs, pineapple chicken, mushroom cheese rotini bake, vegetable quiche, chocolate cake, mini brownie bites, shortbread cookies, cherry coconut squares, and plenty of drinks. I don't think I am forgetting anything?
All in all, it was a great time with great food. But now it is time to move on. 

No comments: