Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Biscuits

Valentine Biscuits
1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup hard margarine, cut into cubes
½ cup milk

Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the margarine until crumbly. Add milk, stir with a fork. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about thirty seconds.
Roll dough out thinly, about ¼ inch thick. This can vary, but adjust baking time accordingly. Cut out using heart cookie cutter. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden.
This made a nice side dish to a delicious Valentine's Day dinner last night. I cannot take much credit for making these, I only helped a tad and my amazing Valentine did the rest. However I did provide the recipe. This is one of my favorite biscuit recipes simply because it is so quick and easy and so versatile. Also, these biscuits always turn out nice and light and fluffy and buttery, this really is a never-fail recipe. Here they are cut into a variety of shapes for Valentine's day, hearts and arrows mostly in a variety of sizes. Some of the shapes may be a bit difficult to make out in the photo. It is probably pretty obvious from my lack of props and food styling that I was impatient in enjoying the biscuits hot from the oven. These don't even need any butter!

No comments: