Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Birthday Treats

Well, I've kind of been going on about my birthday for several days now, but I just can't help it. I absolutely love birthdays, they only come to you once a year, and you should celebrate every one, because it marks another great year of your life! Birthdays are very special, and everyone deserves a little special treatment on their birthday. I certainly felt spoiled yesterday! I had an awesome day, with a whole lot of food to celebrate. I cannot remember the last time I ate that much, or I guess just that much junk and sweets in particular. 
My day started with a normal healthy breakfast. Followed by a few homemade chocolate peanut butter cups a dear friend made for me because I made her a batch of chocolate fudge for her birthday. Her batch made twenty-five, but I did share (a few of them). I munched on those all throughout the day. Another great friend of mine made a nice batch of iced sugar cookies. This friend actually has the same birthday as me. We shared those cookies too, but after sharing, there were three cookies left, so we each had a second than she gave me the final one! I then attempted to eat a normal lunch, which was not easy with a belly full of sweets. For supper I went out to eat with  my family. Don't you just love it when restaurants let you eat free on your birthday? I had a panzerotti and a garden salad (I needed something healthy of course). I also had chocolate milk. And for dessert, we split one of those cookie skillets I mentioned in a previous post. And we also had my awesome birthday cake when we got home. 
Well, you know the saying "You only live once". I have replaced that with "You only turn (insert age here) once". On your birthday, you certainly deserve some treats!
PHOTO CREDIT:"happy_birthday1.png" http://simplyizzy.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/happy-birthday-to-me-simply-izzy/  .Simply Izzy, n.d. Tuesday, June 5, 2012.

No comments: