Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Anniversary Cookies

This is also the result of time constraints. My parents recently celebrated their anniversary. I didn't make any fancy dessert for them for several reasons, mostly because I was quite pressed for time, but also because it was close to Father's Day, and we would be having cake anyway, and because my parents went out to eat to celebrate their anniversary. I cannot tell you how convenient it is to have baked goods and prepared foods on hand in the freezer, ready to go. I still wanted to make a little something for my parent's anniversary, to show that I remembered and really had good intentions of making something (another raincheck is in store). I simply grabbed a couple of cookies I had already made, grabbed some leftover icing I had, and decorated. I wrote Happy Anniversary on one cookie using a plastic bag and a hole that was slightly too large to pipe rope letters on a small cookie, but oh well. I piped and filled in a heart on the other cookie. Sweet and simple. My parents seemed quite pleased that I had prepared a little something for them, even if it wasn't much. It still tasted good, and it is the thought that counts!

No comments: