Sunday, May 06, 2012

Quick Oatmeal Whole Wheat Loaf

No matter how many different kinds of whole wheat bread I make, I can never seem to find quite the perfect one. Or maybe I just keep making different recipes because I like to try out a so many different recipes as possible and I like variety. Why make the same thing twice when you can make something new? Unless of course, the first one was really good in the first place. I didn't have a lot of time today, so I made another quick bread. This was probably the quickest one yet. Mix all of the dry ingredients, add the wet, and put in an eight inch round cake pan. I found the idea for the recipe online and modified it to suit my taste of course. It is quite tasty, especially for something so quick and easy to make!

Quick Oatmeal Whole Wheat Loaf
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 Tablespoons oil
Preheat oven to 350◦F.In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients then add to the dry. Stir gently until combined. Turn into a lightly greased eight inch round cake pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

No comments: