Friday, May 20, 2016

National Cheese Competition - Results

My competition plates
Although I may not have won the competition, I can take pride in knowing that I did receive the highest kitchen mark. I did my best, completed all my components, worked calmly and efficiently, stuck to my timeline, and made some of my best versions of menu items than out of all my practices. I would be lying if I said it wasn't disappointing to put all this time, effort, work, and organization into a competition only to come out without a winning title. However, I definitely did not come out empty-handed. Aside from the material rewards of a trophy and three beautiful new cooking textbooks, I have walked out of this competition with yet another competition experience under my belt, more knowledge, brand new ideas, more practice, and even some new friendships. I already have my eyes ahead and my mind set on my next competition coming up only in a few short weeks.

Appetizer

Entree

Dessert

No comments: