Tuesday, May 17, 2016

National Cheese Competition

Today I competed in the National cheese competition. I won the rights to represent my region at the end of January when I won the Regional Cheese Competition. You can check out that post here: http://bexysbakingblog.blogspot.ca/2016/01/first-place-in-cheese-competition.html.

I have done a lot of preparation for this competition, I did ten full run-throughs and spent countless hours perfecting recipes, researching, planning, typing up recipes, making equipment and ingredient lists, shopping, packing, etc. etc. So it is nice to finally have that over and done with. Because I had practiced so much, I did not find the competition stressful at all, and was able to stay calm and cool; finishing all my components, sticking to my timeline or getting ahead, having a very well-organized work station, and more or less accomplishing exactly what I wanted to.

The hardest part now is waiting, as the results will not be announced until Thursday evening. Here is a look at some of the plates I did during practices. 
Appetizer: Crispy Crusted Cheese Curd
Herbed Cheese Curd Cracker, 
Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Curd Aioli, 
Pickled Shallot Petals, Balsamic Pearls
Entree: Roasted Sweet Potato, Red Beet and Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi, Sage Cream Sauce, Spiced Tofu Crisps, Feta Mousse, Citrus Roasted Corn

Dessert: White Chocolate Lava Cake with Molten Blueberry Brie Center, Frozen Raspberry Brie Cream, Pistachio and Candied Ginger Cookie, Dark Chocolate Garnish

No comments: