Thursday, October 02, 2014

My New Job

Since I began a new job recently, you will probably be seeing some posts from me with a slightly different style. I have started a new cook job, preparing the three daily meals, as well as desserts, baked goods, and snacks, on weekends at a senior home caring for twenty-seven residents. This is a good starting cook position, as it is not as stressful, busy, or demanding as a busy restaurant kitchen. This job requires me to make larger batches of homey comfort foods, and ensure I keep plenty of small sweet treats and healthy snacks around. The types of dishes I prepare are certainly not fancy, exotic up-to-date dishes, but rather simple, basic, old-fashioned dishes - such as meat and potatoes, with steamed vegetables. 

So you will definitely be seeing some basic, big batch homey dishes on my blog, as well as good, simple, old-fashioned desserts, cookies and muffins. The chicken pot pie I featured on Monday is one example of such a dish. 

No comments: