Friday, October 31, 2014

Mint Chocolate Halloween Brownies

I'm not expecting very many trick-or-treaters tonight. That's why I simply made one pan of brownies to give to everyone who comes to my door. I whipped up a pan of mint chocolate brownies. I wanted to try something a little different, as I do not often pair mint and chocolate together. This gave them an entire new depth of flavor. These are the really fudgy, chocolaty brownies too - my favrotie. They don't even need icing unless you want to decorate them, as I did. Next, once they were cool, I spread them with a thin layer of simple icing. Then I decorated them quickly a few different ways, as they were still slightly warm and I could hear hungry trick-or-treaters prowling around. I probably should have baked the brownies yesterday, but I did not get the chance, so I just made and decorated them today. 
I did a few different decoration techniques - spiders using milk chocolate balls and melted milk chocolate, as in my peanut butter cookies from earlier in the week; BOO piped in both melted chocolate and white icing, and some more cobwebs piped in white icing. 

My idea of a jack-o-lantern this year? I couldn't really drag home a big pumpkin, so I bought a mini one at a farmer's market over a month ago, and kept it in the crisper in the fridge to keep it fresh. It was much too small to carve, and I didn't have any paint, so I simply grabbed a black sharpie and wrote "TAKE A BROWNIE" in the creepiest writing I could. It is tradition on my blog to post a picture of my food-related jack-o-lantern each year, so here it is!!!
Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments: