Thursday, September 11, 2014

Revamped Cinnamon Rolls

Remember the cinnamon rolls I have probably posted a few times now? See these posts: Cinnamon Rolls and  Doubled Cinnamon Rolls.Well, I made them again. They are one of the few recipes I will make again and again. But of course, I sometimes feel the need to switch things up a bit. This time, I did not change any of the recipe ingredients aside from using low-fat margarine in place of butter in the topping because I had run out of butter (nobody noticed). The recipe yields nine, large, fluffy, buttery cinnamon rolls that are baked together in an 8x8-inch square pan. This time, I wanted more cinnamon rolls, but did not want to double the recipe or anything. So I simply cut the cinnamon rolls smaller, and ended up with fourteen that were still a perfectly reasonable size. And instead of baking them in a square pan, I baked seven each in two round eight inch pans, which I think looked and worked out better. You can't mess with a good recipe, but you can make some minor adjustments and improvements. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, these look soo good. Will you publish the recipe? Regina

Bexy said...

Some special recipes I only share upon individual request - so of course I will share the recipe with you! :) You'll have to wait until I'm home though, because I don't currently have the recipe here with me!