Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tofu, Green Beans, and Potato Chips

Well, I was attempting to be creative, pretty, and precise with this plating. This caused me to realize why all the really intricate, professional-looking, fancy plates are always so small of portions - it is easier to arrange less food to look pretty. Since I was making this plate of food for myself for my dinner, I wanted enough food to keep me going, so the plating may have become a little clunky, but it is a start!

The inspiration for this dish, as with many of my recent dishes, came from what I found in the refrigerator and cupboards. I wanted a quick, nutritious meal for myself. I began by lining the plate with fresh, crisp green beans. If I really wanted to be tedious in plating, I would have cut the green beans to ensure they were all the same length, but personally I think that is a waste of food for just myself consuming it. Next, I stir-fried one small sliced onion and two cloves of chopped garlic in a little oil with some cubed (or irregularly chopped) pieces of tofu, along with some paprika and seasoning. Meanwhile, I thinly sliced a medium-sized potato and fried it in some oil to obtain some quick potato chips.

I arranged the tofu mixture over the green beans, and used the potato chips to line the edges of the plate. This was a tasty, well-balanced dish with some variety in color and texture. 

No comments: