Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Basket of Goodies

I just thought I would share with you a little more information about the basket of goodies I received as a prize from the exhibition baking contest I featured last week. Here is a picture of the contents of the basket.
Included is a pair of oven mitts, two mugs, some kitchen towels, some tea, mint chocolate chips, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, semi-sweet chocolate squares, white chocolate coconut bar, cookies brownies and bars recipe magazine, purple measuring cups, a pastry brush, parchment paper, a brown sugar softener, and a square pan. Quite a nice prize basket filled with useful things! Most of them are catered well to me too - chocolate, spices, baking supplies, and purple. Here is a bit of a funny or ironic story - settling in to my new place here, I discovered I had brought many of my necessary (but certainly not all) cooking and baking supplies. However, I forgot something I use on a regular basis because I thought it was included in my set of baking pans - a square pan, either 8x8 or 9x9 inch. Luckily, it was included in this basket, so now I have an extra! I bake squares often, and these pans are also used for cakes, savory dishes and more, this is one of my most commonly used pans.

No comments: