Friday, January 20, 2012

Cereal

For some reason I've got breakfast on the mind, so I am going to name as many different types of cereals (brand names) as I can. I won't go into individual flavors or varieties though. I won't even peak into the cupboard.

  • Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Froot Loops, Corn Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
  • Kashi, Vector, Oat Bran, Frosted Flakes, Corn Flakes, Chex, Shreddies
  • Oatmeal Crisp, Honey Bunches Of Oats, Reese Puffs, Nesquik, Honeycombs
  • Sugar Crisp, Special K, Heart to Heart, Red River, Quaker, Cocoa Puffs
  • Alphabets, Cap'n Crunch, Mini Wheats, Lucky Charms, Life , Raisin Bran
  • Muslix, Just Right, Great Grains, Apple Jacks, Trix, Bran Flakes, Fiber One
  • Honey Smacks, Golden Grahams, Wheet-A-Bix, Cookie Crunch, Total
  • Magix, Crispix, Cinnamon Harvest



I'm sure you can think of many more. Out of this list of 45, I am not exactly proud to announce that I have consumed 30 of them at least once in my lifetime (for most, it has been a lot more than once).

A lot of these cereals have also been transformed into cereal bars, snacks, cookies, etc. Their labels are largely recognized by the mascots they used, as in Rice Krispie Squares with Snap, Crackle, and Pop, and the toucan on the box of Fruit Loops and Fruit Loops Bars.

This list is largely composed of sugar cereals, and there are a lot more that I have not mentioned. These cereals really should not be considered breakfast cereals at all, but rather desserts. They have very high sugar contents, and do not make a good start to the day. Examples include: Reese Puffs, Nesquik, Froot Loops, and Cookie Crunch. Even cereals that sound healthy may contain large amounts of sugar, such as Honey Bunches Of Oats and even Multi Grain Cheerios. Check those labels!!

PHOTO CREDIT:"b209192437 (1).jpg" 
http://www.healthkicker.com/720496554/choosing-the-right-cereal/. healthkicker, n.d. Friday, January 20, 2012.

No comments: