Friday, November 04, 2011

Apple Streusel Coffee Cake

Soft, moist cake, tender apples, and a sweet and spicy topping: it's Apple Streusel Coffee Cake! This cake is a delight to make and eat. It consists of a layer of white cake, a layer of apples, and a layer of streusel, followed by another layer of cake and another layer of streusel. The cake is very moist, with a tender crumb; the apples soften and melt into the cake; and the topping is light and full of cinnamon. I got this recipe from Company's Coming "Baking Simple To Sensational", and it is fantastic!
This recipe has several steps and layers which makes it a bit more time consuming, but I really enjoyed making it. It was relaxing and fun. Because I like to try as many different recipes as possible, and there are always several baked goods around, I halved this recipe like I do many others. Instead of using a 9x13 inch pan, I used a 9x9 inch pan. My pan was also glass, so I had to put it in at 325◦F instead of 350◦F, but because it was a smaller size, it baked in 5 minutes less. Will definitely be making this again, a fantastic fall comfort food!

No comments: