Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Fish Cakes

These are what my mother made for supper for me tonight. They may not look like much, but  they taste outstanding! My mom created this recipe herself. I believe the story goes something like this: she didn't know what to cook for supper one night, didn't have a whole lot of ingredients on hand, and came up with this idea. And I am certainly glad that she did! These make an excellent quick and easy meal. These fishcakes can also easily be kept warm or be reheated the next day. They are composed primarily of canned flaked tuna, chopped onion, mashed potatoes, dry breadcrumbs, and seasonings. They can make a nice meal with a variety of different side dishes, or they can be a side dish or even an appetizer themselves. Here are some of Mom's miniature fishcakes.

No comments: