Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Company’s Coming

If you have not yet checked out the series of Company’s Coming cookbooks, I highly insist that you do. They are the most popular cookbooks in Canada. I myself own thirty of them, and my mother owns almost twenty additional titles that I have easy access to. You have probably noticed that I make recipes from them quite often. The Company’s Coming series includes twelve individual cookbook series and one craft book series. The series range from Original Series to Lifestyle Series to Special Occasion Series, with subjects from sandwiches to desserts to Asian cooking, and in total, the series includes over two hundred different titles. The titles have sold over thirty million copies worldwide!
The one amazingly talented author behind each and every one of these cookbooks is the remarkable Jean Paré. She began her own catering business in 1963, before finally publishing her first cookbook 150 Delicious Squares in 1981 due to great encouragement by family and friends. To publish this cookbook, she with the help of her son, created their own publishing company, Company’s Coming Publishing Limited from a spare bedroom in her rural home. She released one book a year for the first few years, but that quickly grew to at least eight books a year, with a huge test-kitchen and publishing facility. Today, Jean is still alive at almost eighty-four years old, and had just retired as of March 2011!
Now, I probably sound like I am being an advocate for this particular series, but I cannot help it, I simply love this series! I have tried countless recipes from many of the different cookbooks in this series, and I have been satisfied with every single one of them. Many of them are absolutely outstanding! I have never once made a recipe from this series that failed, it truly I a highly trusted and reputable series. Jean Paré stays true to her Golden Rule of Cooking, “Never share a recipe you wouldn’t use yourself.”
PHOTO CREDIT: "Image 2297." http://raisinganarmy.wordpress.com/. Raising An Army, n.d. Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No comments: