- Get really excited about the fact that your little backyard rhubarb patch is finally ready to harvest.
- Harvest the nicest stalks, being sure to discard the toxic leaves in the compost bin.
- Wash and cut the rhubarb.
- Steam it.
- Accidentally overcook it.
- Cry a little.
- Throw the overcooked pieces into a blender.
- Add a little sifted icing sugar.
- Puree until smooth and strain.
- Enjoy by the spoonful, because this mistake turned out to be delicious!
- If you still want actual rhubarb pieces, repeat steps 1 through 4.
- If you want more of this coulis because it's so delicious, repeat steps 1 through 10.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Here is my step-by-step procedure on how to make a delicious rhubarb coulis and also what to do when you mess up cooking rhubarb.