Friday, June 30, 2017

Maple Mushroom Sauce

Now that I look at this picture of it, it reminds me of the fake mushroom sauce I had to make for my culinary olympic competition vegetable plate. I ended u using a garlic hoison Chinese dipping sauce with glucose and gelatin. But this is a lot tastier and looks just like it too!
Maple Mushroom Sauce
drippings left in the pan from searing a pork tenderloin
8 ounces white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons all-purpose (plain) flour
1-2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste

Saute the mushrooms in the drippings until browned. Stir in the flour until coated. Gradually stir in stock and simmer to reduce. When close to serving, stir in cold butter in small pieces. Then add syrup and season to taste, 

No comments: