Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Back In The Workforce

I guess it's high time I announced my new job situation. After taking a much needed break at home following my challenging and demanding job abroad; as well as taking a little bit of time for travelling, I am back in the workforce. It was actually less than a month that I was home before I began looking for work again, I just don't like to be idle for long. I've decided I will stay close to home for at least the next little while. 

I found a nice, small-town Irish pub. It works from a scratch kitchen with a seasonal menu using as much fresh and local products as possible. There is a lot of room for creativity and fun in this kitchen. The environment is among the best I have ever worked in - supportive, understanding, and friendly. I like the people I work with and we all get along well. The hours are much more reasonable and flexible. The compensation is great. And the work is always fun. I suspect I will be happy here for awhile.

We are currently gearing up to launch a new summer menu, which I will have some input in. I am currently developing some summer dessert ideas!

No comments: