Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Flourless Chocolate Torte #2

Since the flourless chocolate torte was delicious and disappeared so quickly, but didn't seem to be correct in consistency, I decided to use the same recipe to make another one the next day. Here are the changes I made:

  • I used dark chocolate pieces instead of semisweet chocolate chips
  • I measured the ingredients by weight for more accuracy; which turned out to be 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of butter, and 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and 300 grams of chocolate.
  • I melted the chocolate over a double broiler with the butter and cooled it slightly before using.
  • I separated the eggs and whipped the whites to soft peaks, then gradually added the sugar and whipped to stiff peaks, then whipped in the yolks one at a time.
  • I folded the chocolate and butter into the eggs.
  • I omitted the vanilla extract.
  • I lined the pan with parchment paper.
  • I baked the cake at 355F.
  • I baked the cake for 50 minutes.
  • I removed the side of the cake tin immediately afer baking.
  • I chilled the cake before serving.
  • I served it plain without any ganache or other garnishes.
Considering all the alterations I chagned and how promising the cake looked, basically the same thing happened. It cracked and collapsed and had a very fidgey texture. The cake batter looked very light and airy before putting it in the oven, and rose very high, but collapsed and slanted upon cooling. Oh well, this cake is still pretty easy to make, is gluten-free, and tastes so darn delicious.

No comments: