Saturday, November 15, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecakes

Recently I received a nice treat - you just cannot beat home-baked goodies! These are miniature cheesecakes my mother sent me. They consist of a moist, chocolate cake base that is marbled in with a pumpkin cheesecake filling containing chocolate chips. These miniature cheesecakes contain a nice dose of chocolate, and a hint of pumpkin flavor. They are very moist, and have a nice cheesecake consistency as well. They actually improve a bit with age in the fridge, as they soften even more and the flavors mellow.  I like the mini, individual size of these and how everyone can get their own. It is also a clever way to make some cheesecake go a long way - as cream cheese can be an expensive ingredient. This is a nice fall dessert, but I would enjoy it any time of the year as they are refreshing as well. 

No comments: