Thursday, November 20, 2014

Big Batch Fettucini Alfredo

Fettucini alfredo is a classic, comfort food dish, and it is not too difficult to make either. I recently made a huge batch of it, and it only took me a few minutes. Here is how I did it: I brought a big pot of water to a boil and cooked rotini until al dente. Actually, I did not have quite enough rotini, so I used two-thirds of rotini and one-third egg noodles, which are very close in shape and essentially have the same cooking time. The flavor is similar enough as well. I drained the pasta, then transferred it to a large pan. I then prepared the sauce, making it nice and hot. This was not only an alfredo sauce, but was also flavored with a little garlic, Parmesan cheese, and roasted red pepper. The sauce to pasta ratio depends on your personal preference. Personally, I like enough sauce to coat the pasta and provide flavor, but I do not like when there is so much sauce the pasta is liquidy and you need a spoon at the end of the dish. I stirred in a little chopped, leftover cooked turkey into the sauce at the end, though this is optional. Chicken, shrimp, lobster, ham, or vegetables may be used instead. I then poured the hot sauce over the pasta and tossed to coat. I then like to bake the pasta to ensure it is nice and hot and bubbly, and I usually cover it with foil so it does not dry out. However, for advance preparation it may be cooled then covered and stored in the refrigerator to be baked later or the next day. 

No comments: