- Meals: Corned beef and cabbage, bangers and mash, Irish mashed potatoes, lamb dishes, Shepherd's Pie, beef stew.
- Side Dishes: Irish soda bread, reuben sandwiches
- Desserts: Grasshopper pie, mint Nanaimo bars,
- Anything flavored with chocolate and mint: squares, cookies, pies, cupcakes.
- Anything flavored with Irish whiskey or stout: cakes, brownies, cheesecakes.
- Anything made with Irish cream: creme brulee, coffee bars, cheesecakes, tarts.
- Cute Treats: Green leprechaun hats (flat cookies & marshmallows covered in green frosting), mini pots of gold (chocolate cookie shells filled with chocolate coins or candies), mini treasure chests
Sunday, March 17, 2013
St. Patrick's Day Ideas
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I hope you had more time to plan for St. Patrick's than I did. Not that the date really snuck up on me, but I just didn't have much time to bake anything or plan any tasty treats for it. I do have plenty of ideas though, and it is not too late to whip something up! St. Patrick's Day seems to be a lot about the drinks, so green beer, Irish whiskey, grasshoppers, and creme de menthe always seem to be popular. But if you are looking for something a little fancier, try one of these ideas!
PHOTO CREDIT:"happy-st-patricks-day-banner.jpg" http://www.wlrfm.com/component/content/article/59-things-of-the-week/145710-st-patricks-day-parade-times-accross-waterford.html. WLRFM, n.d. Sunday, March 17, 2013.