Monday, August 08, 2011

Chocolate Ice Cream Roll

Today I made a Chocolate Ice Cream Roll. Well, actually I made it yesterday but it had to freeze overnight, so I did not get to enjoy it until today. I made a chocolate cake roll using my jelly roll pan, and allowed it to cool. Then I filled it with Hoofprints ice cream, rolled it back up, wrapped it, and froze it. Today, it was solid enough to cut easily, but soft enough to eat without breaking any teeth. The ice cream roll turned out great! Chocolatey and refreshing. It was reminiscent of ice cream cake, except with actual cake!

You know those GINORMOUS tubs of ice cream that organizations sell to fundraise? Well, we bought one of course, and since there was a lack of hot, sunny days this past week, no one was in the mood for any ice cream. So I decided to use some of it up in a dessert. There is still a ton left, but maybe I'll find another ice cream recipe!

No comments: