Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sweet & Sour Sauce

I think all meatloaf is better with a sauce, it helps to keep the meat moist and adds extra flavor. I came up with this sauce recipe based on what I remember from the sweet and sour sauce my mother used to put on her meatloaf and meatballs. Warning: I did not measure amounts for this either, so taste and adjust ingredient amounts as needed.

Sweet and Sour Sauce
2 small cans pizza sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk until it boils gently. Remove from heat, adjust seasoning if necessary, and pour over meatloaf or use as desired. 

This sauce is excellent for ground meat dishes - meatloaf, meatballs, burgers, sloppy joes, as well as chicken, pork, or as a dipping sauce. 

No comments: