Friday, April 03, 2015

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

Here is a quick batch of Easter cupcakes I made the other day. They are a simple spice cupcake base with cream cheese frosting. I colored half of the frosting a bright yellow, and half of the frosting purple. Then I carefully spooned the two different icings on opposite sides of a large piping bag fitted with an open star tip. This creates swirls of icing with both colors. Depending on how evenly this is done, you could end up with one color slightly dominating the other, but that is perfectly okay. Here yellow seems a bit more prominent but it was also the darker color in the mix. After piping a swirl on each cupcake, I garnished them with some Easter bunny candies I found in various spring colors. I tend to make an Easter cake with a different flavor and design each year, so that will be coming soon. This is just a little sweet treat to bring on some Easter spirit. 

No comments: