Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Cinnabunnies

I made some cinnamon rolls for an Easter brunch this year. Cinnamon rolls are a well-loved, sweet breakfast or brunch treat. Of course, I wanted to have something Easter themed as well, so I shaped the cinnamon rolls into bunny heads. I didn't use my favorite cinnamon roll recipe, because the dough is quite soft to work with and only makes nine rolls. I used my second favorite, one hour, cinnamon roll recipe, which uses a firmer dough. However, pretty much any cinnamon roll recipe could be shaped this way. I sliced the dough into sixteen slices, and chose the eight prettiest slices to use as the bunny heads. Then I unrolled the remaining eight cinnamon rolls and folded them as shown, using a little melted butter to attach it to the bunny head. I then used chocolate chips for the eyes and small red candy-coated chocolates for the nose. Sliced almonds could be added as bunny teeth, if desired. Then I baked them on a cookie sheet as usual. I think they make a cute addition to an Easter brunch. 

No comments: