Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fools!

To celebrate April Fools' Day today, I made nachos! These aren't just any nachos though, they are dessert nachos! I made a very simple batch of cookie dough, using just butter, brown sugar, honey, and all-purpose flour. Then I spread the dough out thinly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I baked it at 350F for 8 minutes, just until the cookies were golden and set. When cool, I cut them into triangles and other irregular-shaped "nachos". I spread the nachos out on a plate and drizzled them with green icing. Then I sprinkled them with toasted coconut (grated cheese), and red and green candy-coated chocolates for chopped red and green peppers (or green peppers and tomato). This might have looked more realistic if the candies were more square-shaped then round, but oh well. I don't think anyone was really fooled anyway, although the nachos did look cute. Happy April Fools' Day!

No comments: