Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Treats

I am sure many of us have put quite the significant dent into our collection of chocolates and candy from Easter. Personally, I have not, but that's only because I have been eating all of the baked goods I made for Easter. The Easter Bunny certainly brought a fair share of chocolate to our house. Easter is one of the occasions  where chocolate sales are at a dramatic increase. There are also a few popular candies associated with Easter, such as jellybeans and marshmallow peeps, but mostly it is chocolate. Popular Easter chocolates include miniature chocolate Easter eggs, chocolate cream eggs, chocolate bunnies, and other little chocolates. And who can forget about those delicious candy-coated chocolate mini eggs? Also popular are chocolate shapes, either hollow or even better, solid. These chocolates can be huge, and are most often shaped like a bunny, but also chicks, cats, dogs, and even cartoon characters. My brothers and I used to get one of these every year, but now we prefer smaller, more expensive chocolates. Here is a sample of the Easter treats at out house:

No comments: