Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine Chocolate Mousse Cups

Happy Valentine's Day! I made a few sweet chocolate treats for my Valentine. Decorated with hearts, X's, and O's of course. Today I will feature the chocolate mousse cups.
Surprisingly Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
1 package (350-450 grams) silken tofu (I used the shelf-stable soft variety)
1/2 cup cooked or canned chickpeas, well rinsed
10 large dates, pitted
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
agave or maple syrup, to taste, if desired

Process all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. You can serve the mousse as is or refrigerated, or partially frozen (either freeze briefly or freeze for longer storage and let thaw slightly before serving). I made chocolate bases in muffin cups to serve my mousse, but bowls or glasses work just as well.

A vegan Valentine's treat that is healthy, free of refined sugars, and high in protein! But you're Valentine will never be able to tell!

No comments: