Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter Dinner

While I was home visiting on a recent long weekend I decided to make a special dinner with several components. I didn’t make any particular theme for this meal or anything, it isn’t winter comfort food based or Valentine’s themed, or anything of that nature. I just employed several new culinary techniques I have learned and thought of several dishes that would go together to make a tasty, not too labor-intensive, meal. Actually, I was planning for two meals – preparing enough food to have leftovers for the next night. But I guess we were hungry the first night because I needed to cook a few more things to extend the meal for the second day. Here is the menu of all the items I made:

Appetizers:
Heart-Shaped Biscuits with butter
Five Onion Marmalade

Mains:
Salmon en papillote with julienne of vegetables and Roasted Carrot Coconut Sauce
Chicken Breast with Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Lasagna (prepared much earlier and taken from the freezer. It always pays off to have extra food on hand)

Sides:
Steamed Asparagus
Sautéed Porcini Mushrooms
Boiled Carrots
Sautéed Julienne of Vegetables
Breaded Rice Balls and Rice Casserole

Desserts:
Double Dose Cinnamon Cake
Dark Chocolate Mocha Brownies
I will be featuring this recipes in the days to come. The biscuits were featured in yesterday's post. 

No comments: