Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy 2015

Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but for me, each year seems to go by faster and faster. Once again, I have had a very eventful and enjoyable year and am looking forward to another one. I am thankful to be healthy, happy, and surrounded by loving family and friends. I am also thankful for each culinary opportunity that has presented itself, as well as each challenge I have undertaken in the kitchen this year. Here are some of the highlights of my year:

January: The year began with one of my favorite desserts of the year - a Chocolate Truffle Torte I made for the first. I also finished another successful food class this month.

February: I celebrated World Nutella Day again this year, and tried my hand at some fancy chocolate work making a box of chocolates - and the box out of chocolate too - for Valentine's Day.

March: Celebrated Pi Day again and successfully made deceptive cookie dough brownies without detection.

April: My culinary advances were brought to a bit of a halt following my dental surgery, as I focused mostly on making soft foods I would be able to eat during recovery.

May: I made a few successful cakes this month, along with conducting a science experiment in which I was able to draw conclusions about the specific heat capacity of chocolate.

June: I created several successful treats for my own graduation.

July: I traveled on another adventure - visiting many bakeries and restaurants in a few different countries and experiencing the foods of different cultures.

August: Once again I entered a cooking competition in the local exhibition and placed second overall, with 24 items earning prizes.

September: I departed on a brand new culinary journey, moving away and beginning culinary school. I also left my old job and began a new cooking job.

October: Created several successful Halloween treats.

November: Have met a couple of famous chefs and participated in several food demonstrations and events.

December: Returned home for the holidays and began cooking and baking holiday treats and many new items I have learned how to make at school thus far.
PHOTO CREDIT:"2015-food-safety.jpg" http://acceleratingscience.com/food/happy-holidays/. Examining Food, n.d. Wednesdayday, December 24, 2014.

No comments: