Thursday, January 29, 2015

Nutella Sweet Bread

What if I told you you can have an amazing, warm, decadent breakfast (in bed) ready in just a few minutes? Well, of course it depends on having fresh bread made, but as a little secret, I will let you know that you can use bread from the freezer than has been thawed or a good quality sweet bread (not a sandwich loaf) from a bakery or store.

Here, I used a Hawaiian sweet bread, which is a round loaf with slits cut all around the outside of the ring to separate it. I cut the loaf in half for a smaller portion, then cut each rectangle horizontally to create a pocket or opening. I spread all of these openings filled with Nutella - sinful chocolate hazelnut spread. Then I wrapped the bread in foil and refrigerated overnight (optional, but convenient if you want to have everything ready to go in the morning, not that it takes long to prepare). In the morning, I popped the entire foil-wrapped package in the oven at 350F for about ten minutes or so until the bread was warm and slightly crisp. I then brushed the warm loaf with a little butter for shine, and served it spread with extra Nutella to go around! Quick and nothing fancy, but definitely a hit, and something a little special for breakfast. Round the meal out with some fresh fruit and a tall glass of milk.

No comments: