Sunday, February 08, 2015

Egg Pesto Cheese Sandwich

Here is a warm, vegetarian sandwich - nothing particularly special but something a little different and definitely tasty. Here I have two toasted slices of homemade onion walnut wheat bread. I then topped it with some of my homemade parsley cashew pesto. Next I seasoned with salt and pepper and sliced some cheese on top, as well as adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Then I quickly 'scrambled' an egg in the microwave. I arranged all of these ingredients artistically on top of my bread, and popped the entire thing back in the toaster oven until warm and the cheese was melted. This can easily be served as an open-face sandwich, but it can also be stacked as a sandwich, wrapped in tin foil, and kept warm for a little while until ready to eat or deliver. This way, you can enjoy a hot sandwich on the go! 

No comments: