Monday, August 05, 2013

Welcome Home Twin Chocolate Delights

My mother asked me what kind of sweet I wanted when I got home. I answered with chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Not a cake, but chocolate. The cafeteria did not have enough chocolate. She found this recipe, and when she told me the name, I immediately knew where it came from, as I had wanted to make it too! These are soft and certainly chocolaty! Mom took the photo as well. Thanks Mom! The recipe comes from our favorite mystery novels.
Twin Chocolate Delights
1/2 cup (one stick) butter, melted
1 1/4 cups granulated (white) sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
1 cup chocolate chips (we used dark)
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional (we left them out)

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar. Add the cocoa, soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in the eggs. Mix in the flour, then nuts and chocolate chips. 
Drop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, let them cool 2 minutes before removing. 

Fluke, Joanne. "Twin Chocolate Delights." Recipe. Blueberry Muffin Murder, New York: Kensington, 2002. 136-137.

No comments: