Friday, August 09, 2013

Matthew's Birthday Cake

The birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but I just did not get the chance to feature this before. This is my brother's birthday cake. I did not make it, as I was not around for his birthday this year. Honestly, it might be a bit of a relief, as the past two years he has asked for a cake as chocolaty as possible, and I am not sure I could top last year's (Chocolate Overload Cake). Although I said that after the year before as well (Death By Chocolate Cake).  To be fair, my brother was not around for his birthday either, but my parents delivered his cake to him. They made a simply chocolate cake, and decorated it with chocolate margarine-milk icing (a different take on buttercream). They made it in a foil pan so it was easy to deliver to him. I must say, my father has flawless piping skills!

No comments: