Thursday, November 22, 2012

Customized Cupcakes

Remember the owl cupcakes I made yesterday? Well, I also made a few special cupcakes to go along with them. Firstly, I knew that there would be at least one person around who does not like chocolate  Therefore, I made sure to decorate one cupcake without using chocolate. Since my friend had baked three different types of cupcakes anyway (chocolate, marble, and vanilla), I simply took three vanilla cupcakes and a little bit of buttercream and iced them, then added some sprinkles. It is always good to have a few extra vanilla cupcakes, since surprisingly chocolate is not everyone's thing. These three cupcakes really did not take any extra time to whip up, and they really pleased someone who otherwise would not have gotten a cupcakes. I considered somehow making owl cupcakes without chocolate, sort of like snowy owls, but I could not think of a substitute for the chocolate biscuit cookie for the eyes. So I just went with a traditional iced cupcake, but it was certainly appreciated. The cupcake seen in front is actually a "spherical cow in a vacuum". Well, it was in a 'vacuum' when I put it in its container, but it is a bit difficult to see the cupcake that way. In case you were wondering, this is a physics joke, and this cupcake was specially decorated for a physicist. I just used a marble cupcake for the cow appearance, and piped a chocolate collar around the edge. I attached candy eyes and a nose with chocolate icing, and added a mouth and ears. Simple and certainly not overly elaborate, but the owls were meant to take center stage here.

No comments: