Friday, August 31, 2012

Cooking Competition

Here are the results from the home cooking competition I entered at the local exhibition. I was also awarded fourth overall exhibitor, for which I received a basket full of goodies, including ingredients and baking equipment. This basket seems to be perfectly suited to me because it contains cocoa, chocolate chips, and a muffin tin that is formed to make animal shaped muffins. It looks super cute and I cannot wait to use it! I was also awarded a ribbon for my first place chocolate cake, which means it was the best entry in the Cakes And Sweets category, which included ten different sections. I am quite happy of my winnings, especially considering there seemed to be more entries this year than last year, preserves are included in the point accumulation, and I did not do preserves while many others did, and most of my competitors have many more years of experience than I do.  Points are awarded for each award, higher points for a first place win and lower points for a third place win. Then the points are added up to determine the overall top exhibitors. Here's how my entries placed:

4th Place Overall Exhibitor
Junior
CHOCOLATE CAKE - Classic Chocolate Cake - 2nd
BROWNIES - Double Chocolate Brownie Bars - 1st
BAKED SQUARES - Chocolate Coconut Squares - 2nd
DARK FUDGE - Chocolate Potato Fudge - 2nd
SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - Soft Molasses Spice Cookies - 2nd
MUFFINS - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins - 2nd
DECORATED CUPCAKES - Flower Cupcakes - 1st
DESSERT USING LOCALLY GROWN FRUIT - Blueberry Struesel Cake - 1st

Senior
CHOCOLATE CAKE - Classic Chocolate Cake -1st 
plus ribbon for best entry in category
BROWNIES - Double Chocolate Brownie Bars - 1st
BAKED SQUARES - Chocolate Coconut Squares - 1st
DARK FUDGE - Chocolate Potato Fudge - 3rd
SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - Soft Molasses Spice Cookies - 1st
MUFFINS - Strawberry Banana Muffins - 2nd
ZUCCHINI LOAF - Double Chocolate Zucchini Loaf - 1st
Pictured above is the basket of goodies I won! Listed below are the dates of when I featured each of these baked goods on my blog, in case you would like to have a second look at some award-winning recipes!

Classic Chocolate Cake - I have never actually shared this recipe, but it has been featured many times as decorated birthday and celebration cakes. I refer to it as my "signature chocolate cake recipe".
Double Chocolate Brownie Bars - March 23rd, 2012
Chocolate Coconut Squares - May 27th, 2012
Chocolate Potato Fudge - May 14th, 2012
Soft Molasses Spice Cookies - August 28th, 2012
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins - August 25th, 2012
Decorated Cupcakes - August 29th, 2012
Blueberry Struesel Cake - August 24th, 2012
Strawberry Banana Muffins - July 5th, 2012
Double Chocolate Zucchini Loaf - August 10th, 2012

No comments: