Thursday, March 01, 2012

Flower Cupcakes

This is how I decorated the miniature cupcakes I was referring to in yesterday's post. I halved my standard two-layer chocolate cake recipe to make 36 miniature cupcakes. They only took 15 minutes to bake. Then I decorated them with buttercream icing. Decorating them also took only about 15 minutes. Mini cupcakes are so quick to do, and I used relatively simply designs, as it is hard to do detailed work on cupcakes so small. I made three different flower designs using two different colors, pastel pink and blue. I am certainly done with winter and ready for spring, but I don't think Mother Nature agrees with me, so I will just have to get my dose of spring in cupcake form for now.

Design 1: A simple pink rose using a fluted flower tip.
Design 2: Pink flowers using a fluted flower tip and an open star tip for the center.
Design 2: Blue flowers using an open star tip to pipe round swirls for the petals and the center.

No comments: