Friday, March 09, 2012

Cake Walk Cake

Here is a cake I made for a cake walk. I used the second eight inch round layer from yesterday's creation. It is just a standard chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting and some colorful piping decorations. I used buttercream frosting to pipe a rope border, rosettes and dots on top, and a simple star in the middle. This is an extremely simple (and quick to do) cake design, but it makes a nice cake nonetheless. Even if you only have a few minutes, it isn't difficult to whip up a nice cake when you have the proper tools and techniques. Cookie cutters are an excellent idea for inspiration - that is how I made the star in the middle (I would never be able to do that freehand). Just press it into the icing lightly and trace the indent with icing. Fill it in or decorate it as you desire!

No comments: