Friday, September 25, 2015

One Thousand Hours

Yesterday I realized I had reached the one thousand hour mark on my internship. I needed a minimum of six hundred hours, and now I have reached one thousand hours. This is good, it just means that much more experience, and that many more hours I can count toward chef certification.

I have come to realize, that just as work was getting really good – just as I was really enjoying it, feeling much more comfortable and relaxed and creative at work, it is almost time to go home. I only have four days of work left. Of course the first month is always going to be the toughest, but I am glad I am not dying to leave here now. Yes, it will be exciting to get home and see my loved ones, but I am not dreading my last hours of work. 

Speaking of chef certification, a lot of the staff, both servers and other kitchen staff, call me chef now. I find this really odd because I am only an intern, nowhere near a chef yet, and the real chefs here don’t even seem to like being called chef. I do though, I love walking around and being greeted by everyone as, ‘Hello Chef Rebecca!” Even the head chef now calls me ‘chef’ or ‘boss’.
'Chef Rebecca' hard at work. Another unintentional selfie.

No comments: