Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cookbooks Galore!

Today I bought 14 new-to-me cookbooks. They were just a fraction of the many gently used cookbooks that were being sold at a fundraising yardsale. I easily could have bought all of them up, or at least most of them, since there were a few that I already own, but I know I have to try to limit myself. I absolutely love finding yardsales where there is a display of cookbooks I can purchase and add to my ever growing collection! Sometimes I actually prefer to buy used cookbooks over brand new ones. Most used cookbooks are still in very good condition, with the added bonus of comments written in by the previous owner(s). You already have some advice written in right on the pages on which recipes are worth making! Used cookbooks are also more environmentally friendly, economical, and easier on the pocketbook. Today I purchased a cookbook for a mere 50 cents when it was originally $60!!!!! What a steal! Used cookbooks are easy to care for, I just give them a little wipe off, and leave them outside for a few hours to get rid of any musty smell that lingers.
Now, I only have a few problems that come along with these purchases: one is finding room for these new cookbooks on my shelf, two is finding the time to read them, and three is being able to try out all of the new recipes I want to from these books! Here they are pictured airing out on the deck.

No comments: